In the inaugural episode of *Time To Talk Travel*, join Nasreen, Desiree, Maureen and Ciaran from HashtagTravels.com as they navigate the exciting realm of set-jetting.
Learn how inspirational moments from our favorite movies and TV series are steering travel plans and shaping the way we experience the world.
Find out what The Real Housewives, The Rock and Ted Lasso have in common.
The modern phenomenon of set jetting, which infuses pop culture into travel, propelled more than 40 million people to follow their favorite storylines.
Set-Jetting Advice to Have the Best Experience:
- Remember to keep expectations in check. Scenery may not look like it did in the movie.
- For superfans, if the connection is to the character there may be a disconnect from the setting without the character there.
- Bring images or screenshots of favorite scenes and poses that you might want to recreate. It will help you find the right spot and ensure that you don't miss the chance to make that lasting memory!
- It's up to you on whether you choose to put together your own set-jetting itinerary or book a tour with a company. We've done both and it comes down to personal preference, time available and location.
- If you aren't using a company make sure to research things like nearby parking, restrooms and public access rules.
- Be sure to respect the locals and surrounding area. Living "on-set" can come with headaches and a huge influx of visitors. Look beyond just the film site and embrace the local culture.
We discussed visiting film and television sites on this episode including:
- The Hunger Games (Atlanta)
- Mamma Mia (Greece)
- Game of Thrones (Croatia)
- Ben Hur (Rome)
- Star Wars (Ireland)
- Nashville (Nashville- The Bluebird Cafe)
- The Shining (Timberline Lodge - Mt. Hood)
- Jungle Cruise (Kauai)
- Frozen (inspired by Norway)
- American Horror Story: Freak Show (New Orleans)
- Cafe where Harry Potter was written (Edinburgh)
Listen on the following platforms:
or at TimeToTalkTravel.com where you can also sign up for our newsletter.
Visit HashtagTravels.com for more travel stories and destination ideas.
Find us on social: