Seasoned travelers know that it’s just not a real travel experience if something doesn’t go wrong! The key to a great trip is expecting the unexpected. Time To Talk Travel's Nasreen, Ciaran, Maureen and Des from HashtagTravels.com talk through some of the lessons they learned the hard way and tips to prevent future disasters.
Maureen really summed it up in one line: *“Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way and you learn it once and then you never do it again.”*
21 Tips to Save You from Travel Mishaps - For the full article visit our site.
- Download travel apps before you need them.
- Bookmark the airport website.
- Pack snacks!
- Don’t skip travel insurance.
- Spend delays in airline clubs or lounges.
- Allow more time than you’ll think you need for connections.
- Spend a little more for a nonstop or easier itinerary.
- Look at all of your airport options.
- Consider booking through a travel agent.
- Utilize status phone numbers when possible.
- Don’t wait to call - even if you’re in line.
- Utilize social media to reach customer service faster.
- Try to avoid connecting in snowy spots in the winter.
- Keep in mind that smaller airports have limited crew.
- Start booking the back up plan ASAP.
- Be kind.
- Don’t forget to advocate for yourself.
- Know your airline’s Contract of Carriage.
- Be aware of credit card perks you can access.
- Pack essentials in a carry-on.
- Bring an extra bag with you.
Listen on the following platforms:
or at TimeToTalkTravel.com where you can also sign up for our newsletter.
Visit HashtagTravels.com for more travel stories and destination ideas.
Find us on social: